Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving fun

I hope you guys all had a good Thanksgiving, Lord knows I ate enough for several people *insert guilt here*

Thursday before work we went to Cameron's cousins house for lunch (quickly!) before we had to go to work. Got off work at 10, and Laura met me at the house to prepare for our Black Friday extravaganza! This was her first ever Black Friday outing! Cam couldn't go because he was at work..I will add that he went in an hour early to work, so that he could get off an hour early to run by Best Buy to see if, by chance, they still had any of their free Samsung Fascinate phones (like I just got..sans the bedazzled cover ;) I was bummed for him, knowing how many people stop by Best Buy, I knew for sure he wouldn't have a chance at scoring a phone. Well, fast forward to 7:30 Friday morning, Cameron wakes me and told me he got the phone!! I was so excited for him!
Ok, moving on. Laura and I geared up with 3 layers of pants each, a couple layers of socks, several shirts, sweatshirts, and coats, gloves, hats, scarves..the works! We left around 11pm, and went to Wal-Mart north, figuring they would be less busy than the SW store..we were right! It was busy, but not insane. There Laura scored 2 sets of their 500 thread count sheets for $19 each, a $5 fleece for herself, and $5 fleece for her beau Jay. I snagged a fleece for myself also, 2 for Cam, and I happened to see as I walked by the pallet, a pack of 7 Hanes undershirts for $7, so I grabbed those for Cam as well, then we were outta there. But, not before we had to call dispatch because some A-HOLE thought bringing their PUPPY to Wal-Mart on BF and leaving them in the car in freezing cold weather was a good idea; Im not even remotely close to being an animal lover, but this really bothered me.
Ok, next we decided to go to Old Navy. Laura didn't have anything on the list there, but I wanted a puffy vest, and some $5 jammie pants. We get in there, and I noticed there were a ton of people, but I didn't realize just how many until we had to wait in the checkout line for AN HOUR AND A HALF..Laura continued to remind me as I was sweating (remember the layers?) that it could be worse, we could be sitting out front of Target. So, I decided to go to the bathroom and shed 2 pairs of pants. Mind you..first layer of pants was leggings, then my wool socks pulled up to my knees, then a pair of grey sweats, then a pair of jogging pants over the sweats. I decided the easiest thing to do was shed the outter 2 layers, so I could just throw them back on quickly when we left. Well..that left me waiting in line in leggings, a hoodie, wool socks to my knees and tennis shoes...I normally don't care what people think, but I was so paranoid by how stupid I looked! (And the frightened look on Lauras face when I came back to get in line with her said it all...) Anywho, she got a green long sleeve shirt, and a cardigan, I got a puffy vest, some jammie pants, Cam one of those sweaters that it looks like the collar is sorta popped and it has a zipper at the top, and a me another cardigan.
Ok..2am, we leave Old Navy, and head for Target. We wait, huddled like we are stuck in the Alaskan wilderness because it was SOO COLD for 2 hours! We were hurting by the time the doors opened. *Im going to insert a public announcement here...if you are a smoker, don't let me stop you, but have respect for those that aren't and DON'T SMOKE IN A CROWED BLACK FRIDAY LINE YOU INCONSIDERATE A-HOLE* ok...Im done. 4am came, we rushed in, Laura got a red fuzzy blanket normally $40, for $20, I got the same fuzzy blanket, a set of flannel Christmas sheets for $13 (juvenile, I know..but soo warm!) a couple of $3.99 board games, and 2 $5 scarves (I know what you're thinkin..you waited in line for THAT?) bite me...when you want something, you want something...and I've already enjoyed my blanket, and the sheets just came out of the dryer and were put on the bed, so those will be enjoyed shortly ;) If you can see the pic close enough, the sheet stack that is on the left, the ones I got are the second from the top.
Next stop was Sears. Laura wanted to look at something for Cam, but decided against it. I wanted this pair of mocassins, but was very disappointed when the sales lady informed me they went on Sale YESTERDAY, and of course, anything bigger than a size 9 was gone. O-well, the sun will rise tomorrow, right? I did go home and tell santa Cameron that I would like a pair, but I'm not holding my breath since I did get my a-maz-ing craft room for Christmas.
After Sears we went to another location which I cannot disclose via Blogger because a certain someone may be reading this ;)
Then we went to Panera for a little breakfast (ok, maybe not so little..) and then home to warm up and go to bed! I think I was asleep by 5:30am, and up again at noon. Cam and I went and got the Christmas tree, which we both really love doing, it is something fun we look forward to. This year I said I wanted one taller than last years, and I guess we did it...8 foot! lol Thank goodness for our 10ft ceilings. We've gotten out almost all of the decor out, and it makes me so excited for Christmas. Tomorrow I'm REALLY looking forward to, Im getting up and putting chili in the croc pot, baking cinnamon rolls, and Cam and I are going to stay in our jammies, watch Christmas movies, and decorate the tree! I LOVE MY LIFE, AND WE ARE SO BLESSED! Here we are at the Christmas tree farm in front of our tree!
I hope you all have a great Saturday, I know we will!
Sunday Cam and I are going to KC to meet mom, Laura and Jay for dinner at Garozzos. A girl at work told me about it, and so we thought it would be fun to try; She said its her favorite Italian resturaunt..so I'm pumped!

No comments:

Post a Comment