Friday, November 19, 2010

Crepe paper rose ball

Hey friends. Thought I'd share my fun new cell phone cover I ordered online! Kela had told me that she got a fun bedazzled one online, so I thought I needed one too ;)



I've been trying to avoid reading all the craft blogs that I do, because my list of "want to make that" is getting a tad out of control, so...I'm trying to knock out the list rather quickly! Recently I was reading House of Smiths and found these and knew exactly where I'd put them..on the new sideboard! I needed more splashes of pink in the room, so I decided to go with pink! PS...when she said time consuming in her blog, she forgot to make it bold, and underline it, and put about a millon exclamation points! But after a few days (and 34 glue sticks..NOT kidding) they are done, and look cute!!
I also made a little somethin somethin for our friends, but I can't post about it until after tomorrow morning when I give the girls theirs (its not much, just somethin fun)
If your name is mom...please stop reading at this point..thanks. Ok, so I love Trey & Lucy and how darn stylish she is! Ok ok..so how this ties back to mommacita; Mom has to wear this drab gray smock thing at work, and she works with such fun/young girls, that the fun starting to rub off on mom! Mom recently CHOPPED her hair, and it is SOO cute! Cam has even commented several times how much he likes it! When I was in KC picking up the sideboard, Laura and I stopped into her work to see her, and she had this little pin on her smock, which got my wheels turning, that she needs some sassy/fun ones! I haven't taken a pic of them, but I've gotten several different colors, and even a Christmas print to make her some of these. to throw into her stocking! Did I mention that opening stockings is HANDS DOWN my favorite part of Christmas?!?! Probably thanks to mommacita for making them so fun/exciting as kids!
Today I'm going to go run a few errands, and hopefully get some scrapbooking done before I have to go work a few off duty hours tonight. It has become a joke between Cam and I, that EVERY SINGLE time we drive past Stanley Flowers on 6th I just gaze at it and say "I wanna go in there" so..today I'm going to go look!
Tomorrow is girls coffee date, and then we are going back to Chelseys to make Melisa and Adam's precious little baby girl some onsies for when she arrives! Chelsey came up with the idea of using freezer paper stencils, so I'm excited to learn something new/fun to use on other projects!
Saturday night mom and Laura are coming over to hang out/rent a movie, which I'm really excited to see them, I've missed them this week!
Then next week its a bunch of fun stuff going on! Thanksgiving, BLACK FRIDAY BABY!!, going to the Christmas Tree Farm to get our tree, and Cam and I are running in the Rescue Run 5K in downtown as a fundraiser for the the Mission. If I'm being honest, this won't be pretty, I have only been running about 1 day a week...YIKES! Needless to say,there will be no personal records set then.
Hope you have a good weekend, I know I am!

1 comment:

  1. Oh girl...even though you cursed those rosette balls, they are too stinkin' cute! I want to make small ones :) And guess who'll be helping????? Hehe!

    I'm so excited for tomorrow morning! Not only do I get to see you (and some other sweet girls), I get a SURPRISE! HOLLA!

    Love ya doll!

    ReplyDelete