Friday, April 8, 2011
Saturday, April 2, 2011
- My very best friend Ashley's fireball daughter, Addison, turned 2! She was PRECIOUS at her birthday party, she sat there and was genuinely interested in each gift she got, it was so cute, and she looked so stinkin cute in her Hello Kitty get-up and piggy tails! I dont have any pictures though because I was working, and only got to stop in to say hi, so I didnt have my camera
- My girlfriend Kela started Jazzercise, and has been VERY successful with it!! GO KELA!! So, I decided to join her one night, and although I am sure I looked like a robot with 2 left feet, I had a really good time, and joined! I have been loving it, and on days I don't go (because I
havewant to run instead) I sure miss it.
- I have been selling more stuff on Craigslist..the washer/dryer, a tent I had (hell will freeze over before I sleep outside) I just love it! I'm not sure how I keep finding things to sell, but I do! I have 5 doors on there now if you are interested! (Cam replaced all bedroom/closet doors)
- I met up with a couple girlfriends from work, and we rode to Lawrence to eat sushi at this yummy place..Yokohama, if you have never been, and like sushi..go!
- Our front loaders finally arrived, and Cameron is more obsessed with those things than I am! By the time I got home from work on the day they came, he had every piece of laundry done! I have to admit..they are pretty awesome! I am anxious to see how much they cut down on our water bill
- I turned 27. (No exclaimation point..) but, it was fun, so no complaints (other than I dont want to turn another year older) Cam & I both worked on my bday, but were off during the evening. When I got home, he had an ice cream cake, my present, 2 bottles of wine I love, and goodies for a movie, as we were heading out the door to go see No Strings Attached. It is cute, you should Redbox it.
For my present Cam gave me windshield wipers (lol, I needed them badly) and I got SURE CUTS ALOT2! Oh yea baby!! If you don't know what this is, God love ya.. No, just kidding. To explain it quickly, it allows you to cut any shape/letter on your cricut without a cartridge. I have spent my days off putting this AMAZING program to good use! I've already called my scrapbooking partners and warned them that our next crop day just got a whole lot better!
Here is a little something I made using the surecutsalot2. Its an antique window (thank you dad/Brenda for FINALLY finding me one at an antique shop) It will hang on our bedroom wall, I really like the way it turned out!
You know those coupons all of us girls get in the mail for the free undies, and $10 off a bra at VS? Well, I always cash in on the free undies (who wouldn't?) and I got to looking at bras while I was there, (I was the proud owner of 1 single VS bra, the rest were Target cheap-os) well, the sales girl told me the Incrediable was comfy. When she told me it had a racer back,and closed in the front, I didn't even want to waste my time,but I tried it on anyways, and fell in "lurve" (as Lindsey would say) And as much as I wish I could say this was me in the pic below....lets be real. Anyways, this is the style...go try it on..you'll love it! Friday night a group of friends/family got to gether for my birthday. Cameron was unable to go, he was working, and I didn't want to ask him to use vacation time for one night, when we have so many other fun things coming up that he will need the night off for! (like 7 of them when we go to Ambers wedding, or the 4 weddings we have coming up this year) Anyways, we met at Quintons for a quick dinner, then went to Laughing Matters. Only 4 of the 16 of us had ever been, and its safe to say that they all loved it! Scott, Ashley, Emily, Brandon & me
Lindsey, Ashley, Me, Katie, Emily, Chelsey, Kela & Ashley
Dad, Brenda, Desmond, Jini, Jay & Laura
Today, Cameron and I ran our 4th 5k together! Laura and Jay were going to run it with us, but Laura sorta procrastinated registering, and it was too late. They closed registration when they reached 6400 people! Holy smokes it was insane! Laura and Mom came down to root us on though, and then we all met up with Jay for breakfast after! It was really neat, during the run, there are always random people holding up signs for their loved ones, and I passed this one girl, about my age, holding a sign that read "HEY STRANGER: I don't know you, but I'm proud of you!" I am not an emotional person at all, but I was genuinely touched by that. Also, there was this girl there before the race started wearing a shirt that said "Its not a miracle I finished, its a miracle I had the courage to start" seriously, how cool is that?!? I think we could all use one of those, even if you aren't a runner, it could apply in so many other places in life too. Here we are before the run, it was cold!
We came home from the race, and registered for our next one..
Also, Laura and I decided for Mother's Day, we wanted to do a 5k with our mom. (I have no doubt mom would rather have a root canal than do this, but, never the less..) So, we told mom at breakfast, and promised we would walk the whole thing with her, if she would do it, because it would mean so much to us. Well,I came home and called Amber to fill her in on what was going down, and she decided, on the spot, she is coming back for Mothers Day to walk it with us!! How awesome will that be!
Thats about all that is new with me. I have a babyshower to go to tomorrow afternoon, and I'm excited to give her all her gifts I made her/the baby!
Hope you all have a good week!
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Monday, March 7, 2011
Reference the title of this blog...you know you're adult..when you are PUMPED about your new washer and dryer! We went and bought these babies today (pic taken with my phone..kinda blury) they will be delivered on the 28th! (free delivery? yes please!) However, we REFUSED to pay for the pedestals, so Cam has time between now and the 28th to build boxes for them to sit on, so they aren't on the floor, and I don't have to bend over getting into them. How do 2 people dirty so many clothes?! I am frightened to see what the laundry area looks like when kids come along.
Thursday, February 24, 2011
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Hope you all are staying warm...I'm getting ready to put on my 10 layers and head to work..but that is ok, it is my Friday, AND I think I get to ride partners with my friend Caitlin at work today!
Monday, January 31, 2011
A while back I was told about a blog that I should start reading, Bring The Rain. I read quite a bit of the blog, and cried a lot too. I later was told that the girl who had the blog, had written a book. It wasn't until our recent loss, and talking about it with a friend, that I decided to buy this book and start reading it. I started the book Saturday evening, and I am over half-way done with it! It is amazing. If you have ever experienced the loss of a child, or even if you have not, you should read this book. Not only does it find joy in such a bad time, it truly makes you think about how Christianity plays a role in your own life. (at least it did to me anyway) I have read some of it to Cameron, and we talk about how we felt in December, and how we will strive to raise our children with faith and values.
Anyway, thats all..just wanted you to check into this book if you have time. It is only a couple hundred pages long, so it won't take long..and you'll be so happy you've read it...and don't forget your kleenex.