Thursday, November 11, 2010

Taco, sideboard and shopping..

Wednesday started off normal, just running some errands. We went to Hob Lob to look around at a few things, went to the Dollar Tree, went got some coffee..etc. See how I am trying to drive home the point that it was a relaxing day? Anyways..as most of you know, Cam's old vehicle, "The Exploder" which was a certifiable POS, was not reliable to say the least, so he/we had avoided driving it, and he knew he didn't want to pay to fix the issues, because they were going to cost more than the paid of hunk of sheet metal was worth. Moving on...so we decide to go "just look" at trucks. We knew we wanted a Toyota (had peeked at a few Honda Ridgelines..but we weren't in love) and we knew it had to be 4-door (planning ahead folks :) anyway..we were driving around, and weren't really finding much, when we drove past Topeka Nissan and Cam said "turn around, theres a Toyota back there I want to look at." Fast forward a couple hours later..and here we are at home, with Cam's new purchase. We both decided you know you're getting old when you are less excited about a new car, and more bummed about having a car payment again. But o-well, its very worth it, and came in handy the following day when I had to go pick something up..will talk about that shortly. "The Taco" as Cam calls his truck (short for Tacoma for you slow folks) will definitley come in handy!




So, I decided I would try the buying end of Craigslist, instead of always selling. I had been looking at sideboards to put up against this window to have more "sit stuff on" space, but didn't want to spend much $...enter Craigslist. I found this ADORABLE sideboard in KC...literally right next to Zona Rosa (suprisingly enough, I excersised self-control and didn't go shopping there) We are going to paint it black, and sand it down just like they did the white, so it looks distressed! I'll show those pics when we get it done! (Hopefully soon!)



After I picked up the sideboard, I stopped by Cabelas to get Cam's stocking stuffers. Today was the perfect day to do this, because it was military/law enforcement appreciation day, so I got the employee discount ( saved $23 after they took the discount off..woop woop!) so now I have 2 more items to get him..and he is DONE!
I'm heading to bed, I rode with Cam last night until late, and woke up early, so I'm beat!

No comments:

Post a Comment