Sunday, October 17, 2010

Go go go..

For some reason, even if I have nothing planned, I end up running 100 errands, and feel like I have a ton to do..This Sunday was no exception! Cam woke me up for our weekly coffee date this morning. We grabbed the paper and walked to our favorite little coffee shop. I am convinced I need one of those big machines they have in there...I would have no idea how to work it, but I'm thinking it would save $ in the long run

After coffee, Katie came over, and we went and ran a few errands. I was able to pick up candy-corn which I needed for my centerpiece on my table. A few days ago, Ashley and I were talking about crafting things, and somehow the conversation led to the tree branch, with skeleton garland, and she mentioned the centerpiece she did, and suggested adding candy corn in the vase, which I LOVE, not only because its cute, but because I don't like candy corn, so I won't be tempted to eat it! After looking at this picture, I've decided next year I really need to work on making an arrangement, instead of having random pieces of Halloween decor everywhere.



After Katie dropped me off, Cam and I went and ran some errands. We went to Home Depot to get some wood for a craft project I am working on (hopefully it will be done soon, and I can post pics!!) I am excited for this project, because I will be able to use it for multiple holidays!
We also went to JcPenny, and got the final 2 roman shades we needed for the spare room (thank you Pennys for having amazing sales this week!) and Cam got a couple of nice shirts. It was pretty awesome, we were walking through the store, and Cam said "it's nice not shopping in the big section anymore. now I can go into any store and pick out whatever I like" it made me want to hug him!!! I can't say it enough how proud of him I am!! Which brings me to the next picture...I was hanging up laundry tonight and pulled out several pairs of slacks I KNOW don't fit Cam anymore (don't worry, we're doing a drop off at Goodwill tomorrow) but I showed him the pants, and he tried them on..check it out..

pretty awesome, huh?

Cam has been working pretty hard on our yard lately! Dad came over and power-raked it, and Cam put down grass seed, so watering it has been a full time job lately! It is paying off though, you can see little baby grass sprouting up already!

While Cam was watering tonight, I was crafting! Look at my cute mummy that I made! I found the idea here. I still need to get the pumpkin and Frankenstein done, but I thought the mummy turned out adorable! I used a scrap piece of wood leftover from Cameron's dad's old fence, used my cricut to cut out the eyes, and had to buy the muslin, which was less than $1!


I have known people that use spray adhesive, but I had never messed with it (I tend to steer away from the unknown..not a good habit, but regrettably true) Recently, I was wandering through Hob Lob, and was in the adhesive area, and decided to get a bottle to try out...all I gotta say is GO GET SOME! I love this stuff! It works on everything!


Hope you have a good week! Already starting mine out on the right foot, by taking the day off tomorrow!














1 comment:

  1. Cute stuff woman :) I did a Halloween branch tree thingie in our kitchen and LOVE it!

    And I'm mildy obsessed with the spray adhesive!

    Love you! Miss you! :)

    ReplyDelete