Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Day off...from work at least

I took the day off today to spend with Cam. One would think this would mean a relaxing day..but not for this list-making gal...we were scratchin' stuff off the "to-do" list since we woke up this morning. Well..I use "morning" lightly..it was after 10 when we got up..you can blame the newly installed black-out curtains..woops! It felt good to sleep in, but I hated wasting away even a minute of my sunny day off!




We started the morning out with a trip to the shake shop...I cannot get enough of the pumpkin pie shake..mmm.. We ended up going to what felt like 100 different places, but I'll hit the hi-lites...


  • got some smaller (insert sound of me tooting my own horn here..) gray dress pants, partially for work, and mainly because I wanted them to wear with my new vest to the wedding on Saturday. I'll post pics this weekend..

  • Cam got Eminem's new cd (insert sound of me gagging) and I won the title of worst girlfriend ever when I vetoed him playing it in Sara the Solara...sorry

  • Went to Hob Lob and picked up several things to complete a few half finished craft projects I have going. I think I have set a personal record now for # of times going into Hobby Lobby in the span of a week.

  • Went to Gary Gribbles in Lawrence to pick out part of Cam's (early) Christmas gift..new running shoes! It was cute seeing how excited he was. If you run even a little bit, it is worth going and getting fitted. We were even more excited when the guys there told us Gary Gribbles is coming to Topeka! They said they will be opening in February in the shopping strip that Target is in! Here is a pic of Cam's new running shoes
  • I can't give you many details on my costume shopping, because most of you know I am tight-lipped about my costumes until the night of the party. But..I will say that multiple thrift stores were involved, and I now only have 2 more items to get to complete my ensemble! And..I will also add that Halloween Express is a RIP OFF!
  • Got another HUGE mum/pampas grass for the front porch! I love them because they are perennials, so they will come back next year (saving me $!!)
  • While at the thrift stores, we happened to stumble across a few sweet snags (non-costume) I found this ah-dor-able green curduroy jacket (it is in the wash, otherwise I would have taken a pic, but here is a pic I found online, and it looks exactly like this. Total=$3! Cam found a pair of nice slacks (hey, when the boy is shrinking at the rate he is, buying new pants isn't exactly at the top of the priority list because he will be outta them in no time) Dockers slacks (not the cheap-o looking ones) =$3. He also found a NICE Old Navy jacket, that looked as if it had only been worn a couple fo times for $6...and what size you ask? Size large!! Even though I am excited about our finds, the first thing I did when we got home was wash everything...to say I'm a germ-a-phob would be an understatement.
  • For dinner we had planned to try LaRocca's because some friends had told us how yummy it is...well, FAIL..it is closed Mondays (who closes on Mondays besides salons?)so since we were in the mood for pizza, we had Buzzards.
  • Went to see Jackass 3D..it was funny!

Heading to bed now, have to go back to work tomorrow :( Hopefully I will be able to get some crafting done after work and I will post pics of my finished products soon.

Have a good Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment