Monday, August 2, 2010

The last 5 months..

So, I told my friend Allison that I have decided to force myself to get into the habit of one day a week (at least), blogging so that I don't get this far behind again! Yikes!!
I'll try to do a brief run-down of events since my birthday

For those of you who don't know..I took my house off the market. After a while of being on, I gave it some thought, and I decided why not stay here, and have fun (try to save money) while I didn't have any responsibilities (ie..kids) so...I'm still on Roosevelt until..who knows when?
Since I'm staying, I decided to redecorate the entire house. My very design-talented friend, Melisa, came over and had awesome ideas of what we needed to do with the place as far as paint/furniture/decor...so all the credit to her! Those pics will come later, since we are still waiting on furniture to be delivered! If you are needing help with suggestions on what to do with your house, or just changing things up a bit..I can give you her contact info. My sister hired her, and is in love with all of the fun ideas Melisa has given her!
First, Cam ripped up the carpet and first layer of hardwood floors, and we had http://www.michaelshardwoodfloors.com/ come and refinish the flooring in the 2 bedrooms/hall, and put down all new oak floors in the living/dining area. We couldn't be more pleased with how they turned out! Here are some pics.

Cam ripping up the first layer of flooring (a filthy job!)

boring tan living room, and ugly floors (had to wear shoes or you would def. get a splinter! take note that under that ladder is a giant ugly vent...

B.E.A UUUUUUUTIFUL! Now..see where that giant ugly vent was..he closed it up, and made a flush-with-the floor wood vent...my favorite part of it all!

our bedroom. the colors are this teal/blue and dark chocolate brown



My hallway is a small space, so that is why this is just of the door, but you can see the smokehouse color Melisa picked out for the hall...love it..looks very nice!
More pics to come once furniture/decor is all done!
  • Cameron celebrated his 28th birthday in May! We had a BBQ at Lake Shawnee with friends and family, it was a good time!



  • At work, I was taken off of patrol, and sentenced, I mean sent to the courthouse. I should return to patrol in November/December..I can't wait! (Its a seniority based thing) but if I have to say one positive thing about it...I am able to read a lot of good books this summer! Ha!

  • We bought an older fishing/tubing boat from my uncle. We have gotten a lot of use out of 'ol blue this summer! Not to mention a lot of our dinners were caught thanks to Cam and the boat :)



  • Cam and I went to Vegas for a few days! Cam's brother, Gabe and Gabe's gf Jamie joined us there. (I would post more of those pics, but there are way too many, and as many of you know, posting pics on blogger isn't exactly a speedy process) if you are my FB friend, you can check them out there!



  • Cam, Laura, Laura's friend Jay, Dad, Bren and I all spent a few days up at Dad and Bren's lake house in the Ozarks. It was so nice to relax and be out on the water all day with them! I must point out that Cam was never successful at throwing me or Laura off of the tube! And everyone jumped off of the platfrom on the roof of the dock..thank you alcohol-induced bravery! :) I will post pics of this later, they have yet to be developed (and yes..I said developed, I took a disposable camera on the boat for obvious reasons)

  • I have decided to grow my hair out (random fun fact)

  • I spent Saturday with Laura and Mom in KC, we went shopping, out to lunch (of course we went to sushi train!) and spent the evening sewing fun, hot pink pillows for Lauras newly decorated bedroom! (again...props to Melisa)

  • Saturday morning Kela, Lindsey and I all met up at the Farmers Market! It was so hot, but I got hella produce and I was super excited about it! Kela was a trooper and pushed my GIGANTIC cantaloupes around in her stroller while I carried the corn and tomatoes! Nothing is better than fresh produce!


  • Sunday Laura and I went to our Aunt's Pampered Chef party. I ordered a deal that scrapes the corn off of the cob for you (I currently hand cut it off, I'm not a caveman, so I don't prefer to eat my corn directly off of the cob) and I ordered 3 wooden kitchen utensils!

I know I have left out a lot of other things that Cam and I have done, but I think I have covered some of the hi-lights! Here are some things I have to look forward to in the next Month and a half:

  • A wedding this Saturday (not mine own...a good friend from work)
  • Going tubing

  • Shopping with Laura....again (hey, this is for a shower, not ourselves!)

  • Oceans of Fun

  • Our furniture being delivered

  • Worlds of fun (we get in free, so why not?!?)

  • A baby shower, dinner and movie with my mom and sister

  • Missy B's with the ladies

  • Cam and I running our first ever 5K!! WOO-HOO!

And last but CERTAINLY not least, I wanted to take a second to point out how EXTREMELY PROUD I am of Cameron! He has been working so hard at losing weight/getting healthy. When we first started dating, he was 296lbs, he has lost 56POUNDS!!!!!!!!!! If you have not seen him lately..hes dead sexy! We have both participated in a 12 week weight loss challenge, mine ended a couple of weeks ago, and I took 2nd place, and won $, and Cam's ended today, and he won the most inches lost 33.25 inches, in his group, and also won $! We both have quite a ways to go, so we are starting another challenge on Monday...please check back in with me, and help keep me accountable! Here is what I hope we look like when we've reached our goals! lol...jk, but a girl can dream, right?



No comments:

Post a Comment