Saturday, January 15, 2011

Hello 2011

Hi guys! Sorry I have been absent for a while, had to take some time away and re-group if you will.
A lot is new with us, I don't even know where to begin. Cameron and I lost our precious baby, but we are holding onto faith and trust he/she are in Heaven and that this has happened for a reason, although we will probably never know why. I don't really want to go into detail on blog, but I do want to say thank you all for your prayers, we need them!
For my birthday last year, Cam gave me a necklace with our names on it, and after we lost the baby, we got 2 charms to add to it, a baby bootie, and the word faith. That necklace means THE WORLD to me! We have used the word Faith sooo much throughout all of this (as have so many other people, which I think is so neat) But we even found a cool wall hanging at Hob Lob that says "Fatih the hope for things that are not see, but which are true" and then I hung a cursive J and C on each side of it..looks pretty awesome. Then under it on the dresser is the glass vase with the dried out first dozen roses Cam ever gave me, and the vase has dried rose petals in it from other boquets he has given me.


I honestly can't remember everything that has happened in the last month or so, but I'll hit some of the positive hi-lights!


We got an espresso machine!! Safe to say it owns my life now :) I tease Cam that he needs to become a barista..the boy is good at makin drinks! Anyway, we justified buying one of these because we were going to Kaner Coffee every Sunday for our coffee/muffin/newspaper reading date, and spending $10+ bucks a week, so this will help save $! (And I wont have to brush my hair before we go! Oh wait..I can't say I did when were going to Kaner either..woops ;)

We have FINALLY started getting things on the wall! Slowly but surely we are getting projects done around here! Cam wants to start the kitchen remodel this spring/summer, but I said everything else must be done before we start that..no unfinished business! So needless to say, things are getting done around here..Cam is kickin butt! Lol, here is a pic of Cam being a NERD. He went downstairs to get something to hang pictures, and came back up with those on, and was being obnoxious with "safety first in our house" of course said with a true Osage County accent ;)


Here are some picture frames that I made for the hallway. I took the plain 5x7 frames in the wood isle at Hob Lob, spay painted them black, sanded them up for a rough look, stapled some ribbon to hang, and glued on a flower. Pretty cute, huh?

We had our family (my dad/brenda and all the kids) pics taken while Amber was back. There wer 16 of us..holy cow. It was kinda hard to find a place that would hold all of us, because outside isn't an option in December, but I ended up finding out we could get into the Capitol Building, so we had some pretty sweet pics! Here is a sample of a few..

With some of my Christmas $, I bought a bracelet. Now Amber, Laura and I all have matching bracelets, they are so cute! I have to tell you this about mine though, it gave me major goosebumps. So I order the bracelet, when I did, I talked to the seller and told her that I wanted the charm to have a J on one side and the word faith on the other. I told her it was totally open to her interpertation, but that I liked color. So, it came in the mail, and remember, Faith is the word that we've been using so much in reference to the baby. Ok, so the bracelet comes, and the colors on it are the EXACT colors we are doing the nursery in. Goosebumps? Yea..me too. (Kinda hard to see the colors in this pic..)
I'm sure I'm missing 100 things that happened that were fun, but evidently my ADD is kicking in.
So, Im going to copy my friend Allison's blog. She posted her "2011 bucket list" so I decied to follow suit..
In no particular order
Miss Lechner's 2011 Bucket List/To do list
  • Give more compliments instead of assuming people know how I feel.
  • Be forgiving. Afterall, I'm not perfect, how can I expect others to be?
  • Start running again. I've never felt as good as when we were jogging 5+ days a week. (Come on warmer weather..I need you!)
  • Finish spare room, and start kitchen remodel
  • Have $ withdrawn from each check and deposited into a savings account. DONE!
  • Get 100% caught up on scrapbooking. *so close I can see the light!!*
  • Pray more
  • Get all my photos backed up incase of a computer crash
  • Read all of the books on my Kindle wish list. -At the rate I'm going, one a week, this won't be a problem at all!
  • No tanning beds. I don't need any help looking older (Amber & Laura will be proud ;)

I will definitley be adding more to the list as the year goes on!

Well, I better go get some things done, but I hope you all are doing well!

Talk soon!









































No comments:

Post a Comment