Sunday, September 26, 2010

The weekend is over already?

This weekend turned out to be really fun! We actually didn't have many plans, but ended up staying busy, and it was good!


Saturday morning Cam ran his second 5k! I am EXTREMELY proud of him! We often talk about how we used to barely be able to run down to the stop sign at the end of our street without feeling like we were dying, so this feels like such an accomplishment! His run started at 8 at the Combat Air Museum at Forbes. My dad and step-mom Brenda, and Laura all came out shortly after 8 to surprise Cam when he finished his race! It was fun to see the look on his face when he looked over and we were all cheering for him!
(This is Cam at the start of the run)
Cam shaved about 3 minutes off of his run time as well, and I had bought him a cheap-o sports watch he can use at work and when he works out! (he only owned one with a metal watch band, which is HUGE now and he doesn't know how to take out the links)


After the run, Cam went home to go to sleep (he worked the night before) and Laura and I went to the gym to take a "basic weights" class. HA! I knew I was doomed when the very first thing we did was squats as a warm-up..needless to say, my legs are still hurtin! Laura had me crackin up in class, at one point I turned around and she said "eat your heart out Suzanne Somers"
They really should rename the class to something more like "legs on fire"
After the gym we went thrift store shopping (and TJMaxx...but lets be honest, that place is about as stressful as a garage sale) Laura found this mirrored end table that is really cute that will go in her dressing room...seriously folks..her house is adorable! And also this stand deal (I don't know what its called, its a smaller rectangle cabinet type thing) for her living room, but it needs to be red, and she wants to change the hardware on it to glass knobs..so she has a craft project on her hands! Both of these items were things that Melisa had told her would look great in her place...again..need help with your decor? Call Melisa!
Anywho..Melisa had also told her that on top of this red table she should have lots of silver candlesticks, non-matching. So..we hit up a few thrift stores, and Laura found quite a few at Maj-R-Thrift, and all they need is some TLC that spray-paint can provide! These aren't them..but you get the idea!


I had seen this idea with mason jars, so while we were thrifting..I picked up a few for my craft room Im patiently waiting for. Hey..I didn't say I wasn't appreciative, just very anxious!

After we were done thrifting, it started to rain (really hard) so Laura went back home, and I took a nap. Saturday evening I got to watch a VERY cute little boy, Jaxen! My girlfriend Chelsey and her hubs went out to a birthday party, and I wanted some snuggle time with the little guy! He really made me want a bambino!


Sunday morning, Cam woke me up when he got home from work, and asked me if I wanted to go for coffee! (yes please!) We were going to walk to the coffee shop up the street, but last time we were at Starbucks, Cam saw these reduced-calorie breakfast sandwiches he wanted to try, so we went there instead. We both got one of the sandwiches, which is turkey bacon, white cheddar cheese and egg white on an english muffin..it was good! And then we also got the usual iced latte! I sat there and read my book while Cam read the paper..it was so perfect! Reminded me that I have so much to be thankful for!
After our coffee date, we got home and puttsed around for a while. Then Cam asked me if I wanted to bring my book and go fishing with him. (How could I say no to a face as handsome as his?)
Ps...this is the book series I am currently reading...right now I am on book #3..if you need something to start reading..these are good!

Now Cam is crashed out for the evening, and I am heading to the gym! Hope you all have a good week!























No comments:

Post a Comment