Sunday, September 19, 2010

MAC counter...here I come!

Saturday I ran my 2nd 5k with my very best friend in the whole world, Ashley! It was also her 2nd 5k as well! Ashley kept saying she wasn't sure how she was going to do, but that girl got up and ran; I had to convince myself a few times to stay with her pace..not gonna lie, there were a few times most of the time my breathing sounded like Darth Vader!

Ashley couldn't remember what her first 5k time was, and mine was 33 minutes and 33 seconds. I mentioned in another blog that Cam promised me if I beat my time, he would buy me some MAC make-up that I've been wanting!

Drum roll please...............Ashley and I crossed the finish line together at exactly 30 minutes!!! That's 3 minutes and 33 seconds I shaved off my last race time! Thank you Ashley (and Bone Thugs 'N Harmony on Pandora) for keeping my butt going!

Here we are before the race...(not sure why I have my headphones in?..they weren't on)
I had to put this in here...a guy at work who runs a lot (training for a marathon) told me Friday that I needed to take one of these "gu shots" before I ran Saturday morning, that it would help give us a burst of energy. So I went to Dicks and got a few (one for me and Ash, and one for Cam for his race next Saturday) I wasn't really sure what to expect...I know it wasn't much considering the name of the stuff. It had a bad taste too, which was only made worse by the "flavoring" (blueberry is what we had) and it had the consistency of honey. Ashley only "slammed" (as Cam put it) half of her gu..I don't blame her..often throughout the race I was burping and revisiting the gu taste, which wasn't pleasant. I honestly don't know if it is in my head, or if it really did give me a burst of energy..who knows?

You can't really see me in this pic because of the lady running the clock, but here we are at the finish line!

Hopefully we can go this week to Dillards for my treat ;)
After the run, we stopped by Ag Hall for the Library's Annual book sale. I was able to get quite a few good hardback books that I am trying to get the entire series of (Evanovich, Patterson and Sparks)

That's all for now. Tomorrow I'm going to post "before" pics of the craftroom Cam is creating for me in the basement. (Don't get excited..there are no "after" pics yet) he said maybe the end of this month?




No comments:

Post a Comment