Tuesday, January 26, 2010

new church

So, I was raised Catholic. However, when I got divorced from Cecil, I felt like I had "sinned" in the church's eyes. Suddenly I couldn't receive communion, and if I ever decided to remarry, it would not be recognized by the church, unless I wanted to pay $500 for an annullment. And, Heaven forbid I have children...Anyways, I started the paperwork long ago to get the annullment process rolling, but the whole thing left me with a bad feeling inside....afterall, didn't we come together for one reason, to worship God?

Anyways, one day I came home from work, and told Cam that I wanted to talk to him about something. So, we sat down, and I asked him what he thought about finding a church that we could start going to together, and he looked at me and said that he had been thinking the same thing recently!!!!! It was such an awesome feeling!!

So, one thing lead to another, and Molly invited Cam and I to come to their church, Grace Community Church. So, last Sunday, Cam and I went. I will admit, I was nervous, just because I had no idea what to expect! I was very pleasantly suprised to find that it was completely relaxed, no pressure, no judging church. Heck, half the people were in jeans and t-shirts! Turns out, I played on a traveling ball team with the pastor's daughter in jr.high, and several people I work with attend there as well!
Cam and I left after service was over and were very happy! The pastor, Terry was very down to earth, didn't act like he was better than anyone else, and we were able to relate to his sermon in several different areas of our lives!

We will definitley be regulars now at Grace! Thanks again Molly for inviting us!!

1 comment:

  1. SOOOO glad you guys tried it out and liked it. It really is a wonderful church with great friends and fellowship.

    Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete