Thursday, January 7, 2010

Christmas Weekend

This was our first Christmas together!


wish you could see it better, my train that goes around the tree!



a cricut cartridge!




new jeans!




our cute little tree!


Since Cameron and I both had to work over Christmas, it worked out better to do almost all of our Christmas festivities the weekend before..


Also, you'll notice that Amber, my "Denver sister" is missing from all of the photos...she hadn't (shes recovering well now) been doing so well, and had to have heart surgery at the end of last month. So, she wasn't able to travel b/c of the meds and risk for infection and such...we missed her so much!



After Laura's graduation, we stayed the night in KC with her. We weren't planning on opening gifts until the next day, but apparently the 5 year old in Laura kicked in, and she couldn't take it any longer!


This picture is so funny, if you could only hear what she was saying, you'd be laughing too...They have this HUGE dog, Oaro, which is a German Wirehaired Pointer, but they say it funny, and when she got this calendar, she was saying it (however it is) and I caught her mid word..



Cam got some much needed tools from mom



I got cricut mats (for scrapbooking) and the comforter I've been wanting from Laura!







The next morning we woke up bright and early (folks...Im talkin EARLY! Im certain the sun wasn't out...Laura doesn't know what sleeping in means) Mom, Laura and I all got started on making our Christmas goodies..we made dark and white chocolate covered pretzels, turtles, sugar cookies, peanut brittle, peanut butter balls, cheese cake bites (that looked like presents) and haystacks. It was a lot of fun! After the cooking was done, we all went out for sushi at my FAVORITE sushi train, (cam ordered off the menu...wimp) and then we went and saw Christmas Carol. It was such a fun couple of days!





Saturday morning, back in Topeka, it was up and at 'em again. We had Christmas at Cam's extended family in the morning, they normally do a white trash white elephant..which gets pretty funny!

This is Cam's sister, Wendy (love her) and her husband



Cam opening corn, and some tacky table placemats


I kinda cheated, and figured out which gift Wendy brought (I knew it would be decent) so I got this cute little candle :)




Then it was on to Wendy's house for the immediate family to have soup and open presents!


Frank & Denna (Cams parents) opening the picture we had taken for them for Christmas




Wendy opening the makeup bag with the kids pictures on it that I had made for her





Wendy got me DESIGN STUDIO!! (if you are a scrapbooker, you will know why this is so exciting!)

Frank and Denna got me this awesome jewelry armoire and a cleaning cloth for all of my silver! Cam was so sweet, and cleaned it all when we got home!




Kyler, Deuce, Peanut & Bella...Dallas is in a hi-chair right behind me. And yes, these are all Wendy's kids..




Frank & Denna with the scrapbook I made for them

After gifts were opened, we all sat around and played board games, it was a blast! Can't wait to start getting together often for family game night!



Monday, it was on to dad's house for more Christmas action...


One of Cam's gifts from dad and bren. Although I look really interested in his sweatshirt, I was really trying to see what Laura was opening...




I got a bunch of awesome stuff, my favorite was this new printer that you can plug your camera into the front of it, and print your pics!





Nate, Laura , dad, me & Cam


That wraps up our Christmas festivities! Hope you enjoyed yours as much as we did ours.













No comments:

Post a Comment